What’s Driving Animal Health Opportunities?
That Was Then . . .
• Animal health products were typically developed and commercialized by animal health divisions of human health companies
• Animal health didn’t look for molecules, technologies, or funding outside the industry
• Veterinarians were the primary conduit for many veterinary products
This Is Now!
• Filling pipelines with molecules and technologies from outside the industry
• Growth of second tier and smaller animal health companies
• More interest in smaller, potentially profitable market segments and unmet needs
• Expanded consumer choice
• Human-animal bond focus
• Emergence of One Health and increase in protein consumption
• Participation from life science, biotech, and investors